7. Sunday after Trinity Luke 12;13-21 The abolition of man is the title of a lecture... Read more →
- By NCC-UK
6. Sunday after Trinity Luke 11;1-13 Ask any priest and he could tell you horror stories... Read more →
5. Sunday after Trinity Luke 10;38-42 At the end of the tenth chapter of St. Luke’s... Read more →
4. Sunday after Trinity Luke 10;27-35 Who is my neighbour is the hard question a lawyer... Read more →
3. Sunday after Trinity John 16;12-15 St John chapter 16 is a discourse by Our Lord... Read more →
2. Sunday after Trinity Luke 9;51-62 “Not Fit for Service” is an English phrase meaning, useless... Read more →
1. Sunday after Trinity – or Corpus Christi Luke 8;28-39 Frequently I hear people exclaim, “It’s... Read more →
Trinity Sunday John 16;12-15 “The Forgotten Trinity” is a British Council of Churches report in 1989... Read more →
Who we are
DON'T JUST MOAN AND GROAN - WE CAN HELP!
Are you a spiritual orphan feeling your Church has left you by compromising with the spirit of the age? Are you like many Christians who have lost confidence in their leaders and the solutions they offer in these difficult times? If so we welcome you to the Nordic Catholic Church.
We are the English part of the Nordic Catholic Church in Europe. We are unashamedly traditional in our beliefs, because we are rooted in the scriptures and the apostolic faith and order of the first millennium, our life and liturgy reflects our roots in nearly two thousand years of British Christianity. We are crucially looking to the future because we live in an age hostile to our faith, and much of our history too. No wonder the culture is drifting into confusion.
Though we are materially poor, with no buildings and little bureaucracy, yet spiritually we are alive celebrating Mass in rented churches or in private homes. As Old Catholics we are in a privileged position as our orders are recognized by the Roman Catholic Church and our doctrine by Constantinople and other patriarchates. Moreover, our liturgical life is very similar to the Anglican tradition.
In the UK we are mainly former members of the Church of England. We are proud of our great heritage, our witness seeks to bring the Gospel to our present predicament and future generations. Interested? You can contact our Vicar General Geoffrey Neal by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Most Rev. Roald Nikolai Flemestad, Bishop of the Nordic Catholic Church.
The Bishop's Seal and Motto
Per timorem Domini et
sancti Spiritus consolationem.
The Bishop's Calendar
Video Conference – Mainz Virtual Discussions at 14:00 CET.
Meetings and Events 2022 – NCC Europe
Church event at the feast of Pentecost with ordinations, NCC Germany, Abbey of St. Severin, Kaufbeuren.
Church event, NCC Scandinavia, Oslo.
International theological Conference, Gran.
Annual Automn Conference, NCC Scandinavia, at Gran, Norway.